The key steps involved with selling a property are summarised below. If you need any further information or advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Establish the value of your current property
A realistic assessment of the value of your property is an important first step to ensure you understand how you will finance your home move.
- Whilst local property newspapers and websites can be used to provide an indication of what your property might be worth, you will need the experience of a professional estate agent to get a more accurate and realistic assessment of its real value.
- We will be happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation, property appraisal.
- We can meet you at your property a time that best suits your needs. Our appointment with you would typically take between 30-60 mins and would include a detailed inspection of your property. At our meeting, we will discuss the specific needs relevant to your own situation, market forces and current demand, previous transactions in your street and activity levels with other property similar to your own. This information will help us advise you on the potential value range applicable to your property anything you could do to enhance this value and a recommended marketing strategy that suits your particular objectives.
- Any questions or concerns you have can also be addressed at this meeting.
Select an estate agent
Having established the value of your property and decided to go onto the market, you will need to choose an Agent to act for you.
- When considering which agent to use, watch out for those suggesting inflated values (which can leave you languishing on the market whilst those around you sell) or knock-down commission (you get what you pay for!).
- A successful agency will have a comprehensive marketing strategy and methods, professionally qualified & courteous staff and a realistic expectation of what the market can achieve.
- With us, you only pay a commission when we successfully sell your property and you’ll always have access to a specialist team dedicated to sales. But, beyond that, we provide a significantly higher level of service that you would typically expect from a traditional estate agency.
- Contact us to find out more about what we offer you.
Arranging an EPC Certificate
- An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for a property is a legal requirement. With our HIP partners, we can arrange to have an EPC produced for you, quickly and without fuss – and at a very competitive rate!
- Contact us to learn more about our HIPs service.
Preparing your property – to maximise its saleability and/or price
The majority of buyers now use internet property portals to search for a home. Therefore the visual imagery used with these listings are the first taste of your home a potential purchaser is likely to experience and this will hugely influence whether they contact us to arrange a viewing.
- Preparing your home for photography and other visuals we develop (such as videos) is, therefore, one of the most important actions you can take to maximise your chances of attracting interest. This could involve some moving of furniture and basic de-cluttering.
- With us, you don’t have to – as we can do all this for you as part of the instruction process. Our consultant will allow enough time to work through your property on a room-by-room basis to carefully consider the best layout of furnishings, removal of personal items and the best aspects to capture. Room dimensions and details will be recorded and a plan of the property will also be drawn.